Fort Lauderdale connex™
Copyright. Here is the "fine print" for our Web Site (legal stuff) – it is our goal to help you understand everything and feel good about contributing or being a member on your local Fort Lauderdale connex Web site. But first, a word from our counsel:
You may not republish any portion of the Content on any Internet, Intranet or extranet site or incorporate the Content in any database, compilation, archive or cache. You may not distribute any Content to others, whether or not for payment or other consideration, and you may not archive, modify, copy, frame, cache, reproduce, sell, publish, transmit, display or otherwise use any portion of the Content. You may not scrape or otherwise copy our Content without permission. You agree not to decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble any software or other products or processes accessible through FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM and Planet Connex, not to insert any code or product or manipulate the content of FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM in any way that affects the user's experience, and not to use any data mining, data gathering or extraction method.
Registration. We want everyone to enjoy Fortlauderdaleconnex.com, so you may use the Service without registration to view certain Content. However, in order to access some aspects of the Service, you may need to register if you wish to post a comment or upload a video, or view and /or download certain other Content. If you register for an Account with FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM, you accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your Account. You agree to provide true, accurate, complete, and correct information at the time of registration, and to promptly update this information as needed so that it remains true, accurate, complete, and correct. We reserve the right to terminate your access and use of FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM if individuals from more than one household access FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM using any single account. (If another person wants an account, they can easily sign up themselves) You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and for restricting access to your computer so others outside your household may not access FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM using your name in whole or in part without our permission. If you believe someone has accessed FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM using your Account and password without your authorization, e-mail us immediately at info@FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM.
User Content License. For all User Content you post, upload, or otherwise make available ("Provide") to FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM, you grant Planet Connex, its affiliates and related entities, including FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM and its affiliated newspapers, Web sites, and broadcast stations, a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and fully sub-licensable license to use, copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, modify, adapt, translate, archive, store, and create derivative works from such User Content, in any form, format, or medium, of any kind now known or later developed. Without limiting the generality of the previous sentence, you authorize Planet Connex to share the User Content across all Web sites, newspapers, and broadcast stations affiliated with Planet Connex, to include the User Content in a searchable format accessible by users of FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM and other Planet Connex Web sites, to place advertisements in close proximity to such User Content, and to use your name, likeness and any other information in connection with its use of the material you provide. You waive all moral rights with respect to any User Content you provide to FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM and Planet Connex. You also grant Planet Connex and FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM the right to use any material, information, ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any communication you provide or otherwise submit to us for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, commercial purposes, and developing, manufacturing and marketing commercial products using such information. All rights in this paragraph are granted without the need for additional compensation of any sort to you. . All that may sound like a lot, but these rights are primarily designed to give us legal protection—we're not looking to go into the "you business" (as they say in Hollywood).
User Content Assumption of Risk. FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM cannot and does not monitor or manage all User Content, and does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of User Content. All User Content provided to FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM is the sole responsibility of the person who provided it. This means that you are entirely responsible for all User Content that you provide. To protect your safety, please use your best judgment when using FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM forums. We discourage divulging personal phone numbers and addresses or other information that can be used to identify or locate you. You acknowledge and agree that if you make such disclosures either through posting on any bulletin board, forum, blogspace, message or chat area, or uploading text, images, audio files or other audio-visual content, in classified advertising you place or in other interactive areas, or to third parties in any communication, you do so fully understanding that such information could be used to identify you.
User Content Posting Rules. Any decisions as to whether User Content violates any Posting Rule will be made by FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM and / or Planet Connex in its sole discretion and after we have actual notice of such posting. When you provide User Content, you agree to the following Posting Rules:
• If the photo or video depicts any children under the age of 13, you affirm that you have written permission from the child's parent or guardian to provide the photo or video.
Do not provide User Content that:
• contains copyrighted or other proprietary material of any kind without the express permission of the owner of that material.
• contains vulgar, profane, abusive, racist or hateful language or expressions, epithets or slurs, text, photographs or illustrations in poor taste, inflammatory attacks of a personal, racial or religious nature.
• is defamatory, threatening, disparaging, grossly inflammatory, false, misleading, fraudulent, inaccurate, unfair, contains gross exaggeration or unsubstantiated claims, violates the privacy rights of any third party, is unreasonably harmful or offensive to any individual or community.
• violates any right of FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM or any third party.
• discriminates on the grounds of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation or disability, or refers to such matters in any manner prohibited by law.
• violates or encourages the violation of any municipal, state, federal or international law, rule, regulation or ordinance.
• interferes with any third party's uninterrupted use of FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM.
• advertises, promotes or offers to trade any goods or services, except in areas specifically designated for such purpose.
• uploads or transmits viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files, material or code.
• disrupts, interferes with, or otherwise harms or violates the security of FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM, or any services, system resources, accounts, passwords, servers or networks connected to or accessible through FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM or affiliated or linked sites.
• "flames" any individual or entity (e.g., sends repeated messages related to another user and/or makes derogatory or offensive comments about another individual), or repeats prior posting of the same message under multiple threads or subjects.
• infringes or violates another party's intellectual property rights (such as music, videos, photos or other materials for which you do not have written authority from the owner of such materials to post on the Service);
• promotes or encourages violence;
• is inaccurate, false or misleading in any way;
• promotes illegal or unauthorized copying of another person's copyrighted work or links to them or providing information to circumvent security measures;
• contains "masked" profanity (e.g., F@&#)
• contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
• contains any advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation
WARNING: A VIOLATION OF THESE POSTING RULES MAY BE REFERRED TO LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
Unsolicited Material and Ideas. FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM is not responsible for the similarity of any of its content or programming in any media to materials or ideas provided to FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM. You acknowledge and agree that if you send any unsolicited materials or ideas, you do so with the understanding no additional consideration of any sort will be provided to you, and you are waiving any claim against FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM and its affiliates regarding the use of such materials and ideas, even if material or an idea is used that is or may be substantially similar to the idea you sent.
Transactions and E-Commerce. During your visit to our site you may elect to engage in a transaction involving the purchase of a product such as a concert subscription, a print or online advertisement or other tangible goods and services. Credit card transactions and order fulfillment are often handled by a third party processing agent, bank or distribution institution. While in most cases transactions are completed without difficulty, there is no such thing as perfect security on the Internet or offline. If you are concerned about online credit card safety, in most cases a telephone number will be made available so you can call us and place your order by phone. FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM cannot and does not take responsibility for the success or security of transactions undertaken or processed by third parties.
Errors in Advertisements. On occasion, a product or service may not be available at the time or the price as it appears in an advertisement. In such event, or in the event a product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error, technology effort, error in the date or length of publication, or error in pricing or product information received from our advertisers or suppliers, you agree FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM is not responsible for such errors or discrepancies.
Communications with Third Parties Through FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM. Your dealings or communications through FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM with any party other than FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM are solely between you and that third party. For example, certain areas of FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM may allow you to conduct transactions or purchase goods or services. In most cases, these transactions will be conducted by our third-party partners and vendors. Under no circumstances will FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM be liable for any goods, services, resources or content available through such third party dealings or communications, or for any harm related thereto. Please review carefully that third party's policies and practices and make sure you are comfortable with them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, concerns or questions relating to materials provided by third parties should be directed to the third party.
Classifieds. As much as we love to haggle, we stay out of transactions in our classifieds. Transactions are solely between buyers and sellers, and FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM does not confirm classifieds. You agree that any dispute between you (as the buyer or seller of any item) and another party with whom you interact as a result of the Classifieds does not involve FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM, and you hereby release FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM and Planet Connex from any claims and agree to indemnify FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM and Planet Connex from any claims based on your acts or omissions. So play nice and leave us out of your transactions.
Because we care, below for your convenience is a partial list of prohibited items:
- Obscene material or pornography.
- Offer or solicitation of illegal prostitution.
- Weapons, explosives, fireworks, and related items.
- Controlled substances or illegal drugs, substances and items used to manufacture controlled substances, and drug paraphernalia.
- Prescription drugs and medical devices.
- Blood, bodily fluids, or body parts.
- Restricted or regulated plants and insects.
- Pesticides or other hazardous substances.
- Illegal telecommunications equipment.
- Stolen property, or property with serial number removed or altered; burglary tools.
- False identification cards, items with police insignia, citizenship documents, or birth certificates.
- Counterfeit currency, coins and stamps, tickets, as well as equipment designed to make them.
- Material that infringes copyright.
- Bulk email or mailing lists that contain names, addresses, phone numbers, or other personal identifying information
If you see a classified that violates these Terms or any applicable law, please use our Report Inappropriate feature.?
Notice of Intellectual Property Infringement. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and other applicable law, it is the policy of FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM, in appropriate circumstances, to terminate the Account of a member who is deemed to infringe third party intellectual property rights or to remove User Content that is deemed to be infringing. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is displayed on FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM, please provide substantially the following information to our address listed below (please consult your legal counsel or see 17 U.S.C. Section 512(c)(3) to confirm these requirements):
1. an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
2. a description of your copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
3. a description of where the material you claim is infringing is located on the site (providing us with website URL is the quickest way to help us locate content quickly);
4. your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
5. a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
6. a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
Please also note that, pursuant to Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
Counter-Notification for Intellectual Property Infringement. If you elect to send us a counter-notice in response to a notice of intellectual property infringement, to be effective it must be a written communication provided to the attorney who drafted the notification and should include substantially the following (please consult your legal counsel or see 17 U.S.C. Section 512(g)(3) to confirm these requirements):
1. an electronic or physical signature of the registered user;
2. a description of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled (providing us with a website URL is the quickest way to help us locate content quickly);
3. your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
4. a statement by you, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
5. a statement by you that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM may be found, and that the you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of intellectual property infringement or an agent of such person.
6. Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.
General Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability. While FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information, we make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the Content and assume no liability or responsibility for any error or omission in the Content. FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM does not represent or warrant that use of any Content will not infringe rights of third parties. FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM has no responsibility for actions of third parties or for content provided by others, including User Content.
NO WARRANTIES. Here comes more legalese and disclaimers: USE OF FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALL CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE." NEITHER PLANET CONNEX, FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM, NOR ANY OF THEIR AFFILIATED OR RELATED COMPANIES, NOR ANY OF THE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS OF ANY OF THEM, MAKES ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND REGARDING FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM, THE CONTENT, ANY ADVERTISING MATERIAL, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM, AND/OR THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM OR SUCH CONTENT OR SERVICES. ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WARRANTIES AGAINST INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR FREE, ARE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMED. FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM AND ITS AFFILIATES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR CONTENT POSTED BY THIRD PARTIES, ACTIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTY, OR FOR ANY DAMAGE TO, OR VIRUS THAT MAY INFECT, YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY. FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM CONTAINS FACTS, VIEWS, OPINIONS, STATEMENTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS OF THIRD PARTY INDIVIDUALS AND ORGANIZATIONS. FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM DOES NOT REPRESENT OR ENDORSE THE ACCURACY, CURRENTNESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY ADVICE, OPINION, STATEMENT OR OTHER INFORMATION DISPLAYED, UPLOADED OR DISTRIBUTED THROUGH THE FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM. ANY RELIANCE UPON ANY SUCH OPINION, ADVICE, STATEMENT OR INFORMATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. IN NO EVENT SHALL FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM OR ITS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES RELATED TO UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, THE CONTENT OR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL PLANET CONNEX, FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM OR ITS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY AMOUNT FOR DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF $100.
Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM and Planet Connex, each of their parent and affiliated companies, and each of their respective partners, suppliers, licensors, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives, contractors and agents, and sub-licensees from any and all claims (including but not limited to claims for defamation, trade disparagement, privacy and intellectual property infringement) and damages (including attorneys' fees and court costs) arising from or relating to any allegation regarding: (1) your use of FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM; (2) FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM's and Planet Connex's use of any User Content or information you provide, as long as such use is not inconsistent with this Agreement; (3) information or material provided through your Account, even if not posted by you; and (4) any violation of this Agreement by you.
International Users. FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM is controlled, operated and administered by FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM from its offices within the United States. FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM makes no representation that materials or Content available through FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM are appropriate or available for use outside the United States and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. You may not use FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM or export the Content in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. If you access FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM from a location outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
Discontinuation of Service. FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM may modify, suspend, discontinue or restrict the use of any portion of FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM, including the availability of any portion of the Content at any time, without notice or liability. FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM may deny access to any Registered Member or other user at any time for any reason. In addition, Planet Connex or FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM may at any time transfer rights and obligations under this Agreement to any Planet Connex and/or FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM affiliate, subsidiary or business unit, or any of their affiliated companies or divisions, or any entity that acquires Planet Connex, FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM or any of their assets.
Severability. If for any reason any provision of this Agreement is found unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the parties as reflected in that provision, and the remainder of the Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
No Waiver. Any failure of FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM to enforce or exercise any provision of this Agreement or related right shall not constitute a waiver of that right or provision.
Section Titles. The section titles used in this Agreement are purely for convenience and carry with them no legal or contractual effect.
Termination. In the event of termination of this Agreement for any reason, you agree the following provisions will survive: the provisions regarding limitations on your use of Content, the license(s) you have granted to FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM, and all other provisions for which survival is equitable or appropriate.
Updates. Last Updated July 14, 2011
Contact Us. To contact FORTLAUDERDALECONNEX.COM, please use the following:
Fort Lauderdale Connex LLC